Monday, September 9, 2013

One Step Forward

I can't believe it's already the 10th! It seems it was just yesterday September just started. Anywhooo a couple of things I wanted to bring up in this post; For starters, we created a Facebook page as a "central hub" for all our game's website links, at least for the time being, and can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/ProjectHorizonKA.
With that being said, in the first three days of it being up we've nearly gotten 80 likes, which is phenomenal! Keep trying to spread the word as much as possible.

Alex and I have figured that for the time being, we're going to call ourselves Team Horizon! (We really like the name) I decided to create a logo for the team, a simple H for Horizon, and also created a banner for the Facebook!


Also, for the Kickstarter, Alex and I have been discussing some little payment promotions that I personally think are pretty awesome and I cannot wait to share them with you all!

While also on the topic of the Kickstarter though, we picked up an artist known as Joshua Arhar, who's an artist that agreed to work with us creating a couple of concepts for PH! (His works can be found on his DeviantArt Page: http://jeeshwa123.deviantart.com/) We're glad to be working with him over the next couple of weeks!

Another thing I had forgot to mention was none other then Joshua Fadenholz, the man who's actually working on creating a score for the game, and we can't wait to show you what he can do. (A little preview coming soon)

Now to the technical side of things. Alex has still been working on getting a pretty cool particle engine in place for the game, trying to get an assortment of special effects in to compliment some in-game actions, and it's turning out pretty well! Myself on the other hand have been moving back and forth through different things in the code, primarily working more on the deferred renderer and the boat editor! (Which I can't wait to show you a creation I'm working on directly in the editor; The SS-Horizon! :D) I also has been working a bit with additions to our terrain system and it's use of perlin noise, starting to add more layers in the mix to get more of a "biome result."
Look! Low-Res Terrain Weights and Percentages!

With all that being said, back to the drawing board, or in my case, a screen that displays a bunch of code! Hopefully soon I'll have some screen caps of some new stuffs in game for you guys, but for now, I'm out!

-Kyle

P.S. - Don't forget to spread the word to all your friends that are pirate-loving landlubbers! Let's unite the pirate nation!

No comments:

Post a Comment